13 February 2010

Hot Pads.. Pot Holders

I’ve been making hot pads…pot holders! Made them as gifts for my family for the Lunar New Year a.k.a. Chinese New Year. You see, with all the cooking for the reunion dinners, I thought this would be handy to keep those fingers from getting burnt!

DSCN1839
DSCN1840
I used the stitch and flip method a.k.a. quilt as you go method.
Used this method for my earlier coasters.
   DSCN1838DSCN1837













Then I went a little crazy with this …….

DSCN1835
DSCN1836













…then I remembered I have some stitchery done some time back. So, I place one at the bottom centre of the batting..but it didn’t turn out centre at all! (left pic)
…so for the next one I just placed it.. a little tilted off-centre!


DSCN1833
DSCN1834













…ahhh…this is why I love hexagons! Made a hexagonal ‘window’ for my stitchery. Love it!



These are going to my mum and mum-in-law… :D


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment